The Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation reserves the right to edit the length or spelling/grammar of submissions before they are published. By submitting your story on The Faces of Cervical Cancer you agree to the following:
- My permission is freely given. I can take away my permission any time if I send a written, dated notification to the Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation (ACCF) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACCF will make our best effort to cease use of your story or image within seven days of notification, but ACCF cannot be responsible for any use prior to notification.
- I am happy for ACCF to contact me about sharing my story with the media whether it be print, online, radio or TV.
- I understand that photos and text posted on the internet are easy to copy. I know that it’s possible for people to copy photos or text from this website without telling ACCF or by asking their permission. I realize that ACCF cannot monitor or control how outside groups may use the photos and text on this website. I agree that ACCF is not responsible for how outside groups (unaffliated third parties) may use the photos and text on this website.
- Throughout our Web pages, we provide links to other sites which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organisations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other sites.
- By making a submission, you consent to its display and publication on this Web site and for related online and offline promotional uses.
- ACCF reserves the right to edit or delete submissions that it, in its sole discretion, are deemed to be abusive, defamatory, and obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or are otherwise unacceptable.
- ACCF reserves the right to only publish personal stories on this Web site that are original and based on a real-life experience. Submissions that are overtly promotional or are used to promote a product or service may not be published. We reserve the right to modify or edit stories that are too long.
The Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy.
The Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation (ACCF) is a charitable organisation which aims to reduce female mortality from cervical cancer everywhere. Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation publicizes its activities, informs the community about its work, responds to your comments or questions, administers its giving and conducts fundraising to support its activities by seeking sponsorship, operating fundraising activities including telemarketing and raffles and researching supporter attitudes.
This policy applies to our activities in fundraising, telemarketing, events we organise and supporter management, and outlines how Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation collects, uses and discloses personal information about our supporters and our contact records. This policy applies to Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation (ACN 128 546 850), here called ACCF and to the contractors which we use for our telemarketing fundraising including Insight Holdings Consolidated Pty Ltd known as Insight CFS.
Reasons for collecting information
Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation is a charity and we work to achieve our functions and aims set out above in the course of which we collect information for the purpose of raising funds, acknowledging that support, expending those funds on projects to help prevent cervical cancer and administrative activities including maintaining supporter purchase and contact records.
How we collect information
We collect most personal information directly from you. This information may be collected from a number of sources including appeal letters and coupons, telephone enquiries and sales, donations, payments, event entry forms, merchandise sales, advertisement response forms, purchase of goods and services, mail services or otherwise, requests for information about our services, and via our website. The information we collect is limited to personal information which may include name, age, gender, contact details, areas of interest and payment information.
Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation uses mailing lists to update and maintain information and to contact new supporters. We use reputable telemarketers, mailing list companies, banking services and other suppliers who are also bound by the Privacy Act. The information on those mailing lists remains the property of the company from whom we obtain the list. We do not collect information about health, politics, religion, ethnicity or other information known as sensitive information. If we decide to collect any sensitive information we will expressly disclose to you when we ask for that information, why we request that information and how that information may be used otherwise than anonymously.
How we use information
We use the information to fulfil our purposes. We must request and will retain information regarding all financial or potential supporters and those transactions for charity regulation, taxation, the conduct of raffles according to state legislation and related purposes.
Wherever possible, for example in research work, we use anonymous identifiers. Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation maintains the information for accuracy and completeness. We do this during our contact with you and from external sources. Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation compares information you give us against external sources to ensure that our records are accurate.
A related purpose for which ACCF collects personal information may include marketing. However, if this is not the case, ACCF is entitled to send marketing material to you if you have consented to receiving this material, the material is related to a purpose for which you provided information (implied consent) or provided it gives you a chance to stop or opt-out of receiving this material (for example under the Spam Act 2003). ACCF may contact you directly where it has acquired your contact details via information in the public domain such as phone book data or from data suppliers.
Disclosure to third parties
Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information held about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored in secured premises and if stored on computer, stored on servers using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) firewalls.
Destruction of information
We destroy information which is no longer required to be retained. We dispose of records, files, letters and payment records in a secure manner. Information is retained for up to 7 years as required by banking, raffle and other laws. Paper records of raffles are retained for this purpose in secure premises by Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation or by our suppliers.
You can request details
You are entitled to know what information about you we hold and to correct that information. We will give you access to the information we hold about you. We may ask you to pay for document retrieval if that is necessary.
At any time you may choose not to receive any further communication from Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation, or to alter the frequency and type of communication you receive. Please contact our privacy team on 1300 733 757 to arrange this or if you would like further information.
How to request access
To contact us you can write to
Mr Joe Tooma Privacy Officer,
Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation
Inc PO Box 1008, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Telephone: 1300 733 757
Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at: email@example.com.